- Mandatory - For every practice swimmers should have: a water bottle, a suit (one piece for the girls, jammers for the boys), a towel, and a good pair of goggles (we recommend Speedo goggles…the cost a bit more, but work extremely well and will last a long time)
- Optional – a swim bag (some type of gym bag or swim bag to carry wet suits, towels, water bottles, etc…), a swim cap (one for practice and then a team cap for meets)
- The team suits are sold by D&J Sports out of Lewisburg. We have a supply of suits at practice. Ask one of the coaches.
- If possible, swimmer shouldn’t practice in their team suits. Chlorine is pretty hard on suits and they may get a bit rough looking by the end of the season if they are worn every day. Practice suits can be purchased at D&J Sports, online, or anywhere really… Competition suits are sized by waist size (for boys) and bust size (for girls), so the sizes may look a little differently at first. Here is one of our favorite swim team sites:
- Girls competition suits: http://www.swimoutlet.com/girls-competition-swimwear-c9517/#cat=9517&page=1&sortby=PriceLow&viewall=no
- Boys competition suits: http://www.swimoutlet.com/boys-competition-swim-jammers-c15415/#cat=15415&page=1&sortby=PriceLow&viewall=no
- Goggles: http://www.swimoutlet.com/competition-swim-goggles-c9620//#cat=9620&sortby=PriceLow&allbrand=1129
- We have found that Speedo Supra Jrs, Vanquisher Jrs, Victory Jrs, Hydrosity and Hydrospex are great for the 10 and unders and Vanquisher Jrs, Vanquishers, Vanquisher 2.0s and Victorys are great for the older swimmers.
- We would love to recommend other name brands of goggles (or cheaper goggles), but they just don’t seem to last at all.
- Swim Bags – totally not necessary, but they do make life easier! http://www.swimoutlet.com/bags-backpacks-c10049/#cat=10049&page=1&sortby=PriceLow&allbrand=1985,1010,1043,1307,1129,1606,1480,1157&viewa
Simple formatted text